Our ServicesWhat we can do for you
Elite Clearing and Forwarding is a provider of customs clearance services, which involve either a customs broker or an importer/exporter declaring a shipment to the relevant authorities. This process includes completing all necessary documentation, inspections, and fees, to enable the shipment to cross the border into another country or be released from customs control. The importance of reliable Customs clearance services lies in ensuring that shipments are processed efficiently, without delays, and reducing the risk of fines or confiscation of goods by customs authorities.
Elite Clearing & Forwarding assumes the responsibilities of a customs clearance agent, which encompass:
- Classifying goods: Giving advice on the classification of goods under the harmonized tariff schedule. Should there be any confusion liaising with SARS to get their opinion. Assist with the Tariff determination process.
- Preparing documentation: Gather and prepare all required documents such as invoices, packing lists, and bills of lading.
- Paying duties and taxes: Pay relevant duties, taxes and fees on behalf of the importer or exporter.
- Communicating with authorities: Communicate with customs authorities to resolve any issues or problems that may arise.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations: Ensure compliance with local regulations and laws, including product safety and environmental regulations.
- Obtaining shipment release: Obtain clearance for the shipment to be released from customs control and enter the country.